E-wallets are one of the most popular banking solutions for online betting lovers. They come with very fast transactions and a high level of security. One of the most used e-wallets by casino gamblers is Skrill and PayPal. Both are perfect in terms of betting but have differences that may help you decide which one to use.
So, in this guide, we from CasinoRank will compare Skrill and PayPal, seeing their benefits and drawbacks, so that you can decide which one to rely on.
Skrill and PayPal have similar functions, in terms that you can store your funds online and allow you to make payments.
- Transaction fees and withdrawal times: Skrill charges a lower transaction fee compared to PayPal, especially for international transactions. However, Skrill may take longer to process withdrawals compared to PayPal.
- Security features: They come with high-security features like two-factor authentication and SSL encryption.
- Availability in different countries: PayPal is available in more locations than Skrill. However, Skrill offers more localized payment options in certain regions.
If you're considering using Skrill for your online live casino transactions, here are some of its advantages and disadvantages:
- VIP program - If you want to take advantage of lower fees and many other perks, Skrill has an incredible loyalty program.
- Instant deposits - You can make instant deposits with Skrill.
- Skrill prepaid master card - You can order a prepaid physical debit card if you use Skrill.
- Limited availability - There are a lot of different countries from which you cannot access Skrill.
- Higher fees for certain transactions - Some transactions have higher fees in Skrill
- Strict verification process - The verification process may be tough for some users.
On the other hand, if you are thinking about using PayPal, you need to know its major pros and cons.
- Wide availability - PayPal is available in almost any country.
- User-friendly interface - The interface of PayPal is simpler, allowing you to make payments with just a simple click.
- Buyer Protection Program - PayPal has a very helpful feature, called Buyer Protection.
- Higher transaction fees - PayPal has higher fees than Skrill
- Limited options for online gambling - There are a lot of live casinos that don’t accept PayPal as a payment method.
- Additional fees - PayPal casino charges an additional fee of 2.5% for international payments.
When it comes to choosing between Skrill and PayPal for online live casinos, here are some factors to consider:
- Availability: Check if Skrill or PayPal is available in your country or on the live casino site you want to use. PayPal is available in more countries than Skrill. However, Skrill offers more localized payment options in certain regions, which may be more convenient for some users.
- Fees: Consider the fees charged by each payment method, especially for international transactions. When it comes to fees, Skrill generally charges lower transaction fees compared to PayPal, especially for international transactions. However, Skrill may charge higher fees for particular transactions, such as withdrawals of Visa cards.
- Security features: Look for advanced security features offered by Skrill and PayPal, such as two-factor authentication and SSL encryption.
- User experience: Consider the ease of use and convenience of each payment method, including their user interfaces and processing times. Both Skrill and PayPal have simple and intuitive user interfaces. Skrill allows instant deposits, while PayPal may take a bit longer to process deposits.
Selecting the best payment solution can be crucial for you to have a smooth casino gambling experience. As you know from this guide, e-wallets are two of the greatest options for paying at live casinos. They offer very secure transactions with very low waiting times.
Whether you choose Skrill or PayPal casino sites, you won’t regret it, as they both offer incredible payment solutions for your online casino journey. If you are looking for the best Skrill casino sites, or casinos that use PayPal, you can check CasinoRank's list where we grouped the best ones.